So now what?
Maybe you need just a little more money to cover those post-production costs you didn’t know you’d need. And then there’s distribution, which is sort of the point of this whole film thing. To help you get from “now what” to “next step,” we’ve gathered together a few posts from our archives that cover crowdfunding, distribution and the festival circuit. Now breathe.
CrowdfundingIn the last few years, crowdfunding has gone from “huh?” to “duh!” Artists from all different mediums are doing it: musicians like Public Enemy who want to ditch their record companies but still sell records; novelists like Catherynne M. Valente, whose award-winning novel The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland began as a crowdfunded project; and even Being John Malkovich writer Charlie Kaufman has turned to crowdfunding with his latest project, Anomalisa. Hopefully this collection of posts will help you achieve your own crowdfunding success:
- The Right Way to Approach Crowdfunding
- Kickstarter Teaches Us the Craft of Crowdfunding
- Seven Things We Did to Ensure a Successful Crowdfunding Experience – Part I
- Seven Things We Did to Ensure a Successful Crowdfunding Experience – Part II
- Seven Things We Did to Ensure a Successful Crowdfunding Experience – Part III
DistributionAh, distribution. The pot of gold at the end of the filmmaking rainbow, that is if you want to get your movie out there and seen by an audience consisting of more than your
- DIY Distribution: Can You Really Do It All Yourself?
- Be a Pusher: DIY Distribution, Get Your Film Out There
- The Experts Weigh in on DIY Distribution
- It’s All About Content: Distribution Case Studies
- Tricks for Mastering the Doc Distribution Circus